Compared to classic ‘greenfield’ IT development, which can drag on for years and drain budgets to the last cent, low-code is a super-fast toolset at only a fraction of the cost (and nerves). With low-code templates, your application can be up and running in just a couple of weeks. Is Seyfor’s low-code the right solution for your company?
Low-code saves time and money
It sounds like a brutal cliché, but it’s true nevertheless.
Low-code is a programming approach. It’s best for standardized solutions in small and medium enterprises that only need small customizations to meet their needs.
It isn’t classical programming. It’s modeling applications based on predefined algorithmic, logic and computational elements.
The ‘toolset’ itself works based on modules: You choose from a menu of ready-made modules according to what they should do, then you add them to your application (drag and drop). Simple coding can be done without knowing a coding language - something most business people don’t know. But that’s OK, because the basic logic conditions are more than enough to do the job.
The beauty of low-code from a user’s perspective is that the application only does what you really need and use for work. This saves you both time and money.
5 reasons to get behind low-code
Let’s take a look from the perspectives of everyone involved:
- CEO: "I get exactly what I want at a fraction of the cost and within weeks, months at most."
- Manager: "Although I often deal with complex business processes, this isn’t a huge project, and I get a ‘viable’ product that I can use right away."
- Chief Financial Officer "Low-code is orders of magnitude less expensive than classic development."
- IT: "If it runs in the cloud, I don’t have to deal with operations. The supplier takes care of everything. Unlike the closed systems we normally buy as packages (unfavorably), there’s nothing to program, rewrite or write from scratch, burning hundreds of hours of time. And because it’s open source, we can freely expand on the solution as we need to."
- Because low-code isn’t hard, you can involve non-technical specialists from your company who don’t need to understand IT at all. You can use their insights and observations from the beginning—for example when thinking about what your app needs to do (and what you can get rid of).
To summarize, your next application with low-code will be:
- Ready in a matter of weeks (as opposed to the months to years of classic development).
- Modeled exactly to your needs and situation (without functionality you never use and which only wastes time).
- Less expensive (you only pay for what you use).
Types of projects that are perfect for low-code
Within a couple of weeks, Seyfor’s low-code software solutions can model almost any back-office or business process you can think of. Here’s a basic overview.
Do you see yourself here?
- CRM: If every salesperson in your company has their own Excel sheet with contacts and clients, - and they stop working for you - your contact with the customers goes with them. To keep all your contacts in one place, we’ll build you a simple operational CRM. Everyone can easily find all contact channels, opportunity lists and their status there, and they’ll be able to generate documents into templates… you name it. Unlike platforms like Microsoft Dynamics, you can build out your CRM in the future as you see fit.
- Replacement for Lotus Notes and MS Excel: Now you can easily find all the data that’s ‘lying around’ everywhere—in one database.
- HR recruitment and training (not payroll and attendance systems). Even recruitment can be thought of as a CRM: One record, one person, and everything nicely together in one place. Including materials for training new people. Say goodbye to complicated systems that can do a lot of things you never use and that just hold you back.
- SCM, procurement and inventory management: Purchasing, receiving, classification of goods, complete documentation. You’ve got everything together in one place—in one system. It’ll look after your stock, communication with suppliers, carriers’ tracking services, and more. Buyers just check orders and place them.
- Administration and management of occupational health and safety incidents in the company: If you have an accident, you can handle everything with a single form. It also sends everything on your behalf to the insurance company, your parent company and other relevant places. This eliminates the need to contact any number of people and legal entities separately. Elegant.
- Marketing: To ensure that the data multiple people have access to is never lost (and so that everyone can easily decipher it), we can model a generic form application for you with a definable process flow.
- Consolidation of consumer and other loans (for bank and non-bank entities): By making the entire process fully digital, it provides customers with a friendly user experience they can easily complete in minutes. There’s just five steps, including submitting an application, uploading documents and extracting them with OCR, register checks and internal risk management processes, generating contracts, and online approval and signature. All credit data is archived, and you have absolute control over all business object processes and risk management rules.
- Claims management: Excel spreadsheets and complete printouts (including the ones with coffee stains) can be replaced with a single application. In it you can define workflow, communicate with clients and all involved directly from the application, issue confirmations, monitor incident statuses… and whatever else you need.
- Fleet management: Manage your fleet conveniently from one place. The designed application can monitor the age of vehicles, their workload, keep a log book, enable vehicle reservations, contain complete documentation, etc.
- Internal systems and request workflow or reservation/loans: The entire process, which usually takes place in e-mails or “on paper,” can be replaced with a workflow for every kind of request. Thanks to e-mail notifications, everyone involved has an overview of who has to sign what by when.
- Helpdesk and call center support: Integration with the switchboard, chat or email server, assignment of the customer directly to the responsible person, an overview of all interactions with the customer in a single ticket, etc.
We can implement all these types of projects for you very quickly on a technologically-effective and timesaving platform (according to your specifications). We’ll deliver a usable solution you can put into practice immediately, probably within a month of the order. We’ll provide any details within a month or two.
Cloud or on-premise? Let us know
"And will their low-code solution run in the cloud or on-premise?"
If your IT manager is worth his salt, this important technical question has occurred to him by this moment at the latest.
Our answer is: At Seyfor, we always select the right technology (cloud, on-premise or a mix) according to how it suits your company. Your own server and the cloud both have their pluses and minuses, and it’s exclusively up to you what your IT department prefers—Seyfor’s low-code solutions can handle both.
And if it comes to your eventual need to implement low-code in the systems you use, it’ll come as no surprise that we can do that too.
This is precisely why we can talk about “tailor-made solutions” with a clear conscience.
And while we have the full attention of your IT manager, it must also be said that a low-code approach isn’t always the right one. We do not recommend low-code for non-standard, complex solutions. As a leading Czech specialist in business systems, we’ll be happy to offer you a suitable solution in this case as well.
In the event of more complex and robust projects, it’s necessary to undergo the torture of classic development written “from the ground up,” rewriting and debugging the code.
What it’s like working with us (from design through implementation)
The process of implementing a client project usually has 3 parts, of which the first one is up to you:
- Business process design is usually implemented for you by consulting companies. How come? At Seyfor, we know what we’re good at—and what we’re not. This is why we’re happy to leave this area up to them.
- Software solution design and IT consultation: This is where you can fully count on us.
- Implementation: Development, testing, deployment, maintenance. We’ll take care of everything. It’s only up to you as the employer to make sure that people are trained. And we’re happy to help with that—the training can take place either on-line or right in your company.
IMPORTANT: During the implementation of Seyfor’s low-code solutions, all corporate processes and operations will continue to operate without restrictions, so you might not even notice.
What’s next? The first step is up to you
After filling out a simple form, a senior Seyfor expert will contact you. They’ll also propose the given solution. Within a few minutes, you’ll find out together whether a low-code approach is right for your request. If it is, there’ll be another appointment (in person or on-line) to discuss the details.
The result of our cooperation will be a software low-code solution for corporate business and back-office processes, which you’ll be able to fully use (and change and expand as needed) in a matter of weeks. And it won’t cost you nearly as much as a shrink-wrapped solution. And this is true for money, time and nerves.